Effective on September 20, 2022, The Bahamas Ministry of Health & Wellness via the COVID-19 Advisory Committee confirms that the requirement for unvaccinated persons to have a negative COVID-19 test result to enter The Bahamas has been eliminated. Vaccinated and unvaccinated citizens and visitors can enter The Bahamas without testing regardless of vaccination status.
Effective at 12:01 a.m., June 19, 2022, the Bahamas eliminates the health visa requirement for ALL travelers and also removes testing requirements for vaccinated travelers. All unvaccinated travelers ages 2 and older will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test — either a negative RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test — taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to travel and present the negative test results at check-in before travel to The Bahamas.
Effective at 12:01 a.m., June 12, 2022, international travelers no longer have to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before returning to the United States.
Starting on January 7th, all visitors entering the Bahamas must test negative for Covid-19 within 72 hours of entering the country, regardless of vaccination status. Vaccinated travelers and unvaccinated travelers under 12 can use PCR or rapid antigen tests. Unvaccinated travelers 12 and older can only use PCR tests.
Visitors leaving the Bahamas and entering the US are still required to test negative one (1) day before travel and can be PCR or rapid antigen test.
Starting on December 6th, all U.S. citizens and LPRs regardless of vaccination status, but who are otherwise eligible to travel, will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one (1) day before their flight’s departure.
Starting on November 8, foreign national air travelers (i.e. who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents) to the United States will be required—with only very limited exceptions—to be fully vaccinated, and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to fly to the United States.
What Else Travelers Need to Know:
- This is a global policy that applies to travelers from all around the world, including The Bahamas.
- All fully vaccinated travelers will still be required to show documentation of a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test taken no more than three (3) days before travel to the United States. This applies to all travelers—including U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), and foreign nationals.
- All FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) and WHO (World Health Organization) approved vaccines—and any combination thereof—will be accepted; that includes AstraZeneca.
- There are very limited other exceptions to the new requirements; those exceptions (such as humanitarian exemptions, etc.) will not apply to the vast majority of travelers.
- Children under the age of 18 are exempt from the vaccination requirement; however, children between the ages of 2 and 17 still need to present a negative COVID-19 test result.
What Else U.S. Citizens and LPRs Need to Know:
- U.S. citizens and LPRs who are not fully vaccinated, but who are otherwise eligible to travel, will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one (1) day before their flight’s departure.
- U.S citizens and LPRs who are fully vaccinated will need to present airlines with proof of vaccination, and will also still need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken three (3) days before their flight.
Vaccinated travelers wishing to enter the Bahamas will now be required to obtain a Covid-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test OR PCR test) with a negative result, within 5 days of arrival into the Bahamas.
Unvaccinated travelers have no change and are still required to obtain a negative PCR test (not rapid antigen test), within 5 days of arrival into the Bahamas. This applies to all persons who are 12 years and older.
Children between the ages of 2 and 11 are now required to obtain a Covid-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test OR PCR test) with a negative result, within 5 days of arrival into the Bahamas. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from all testing requirements.
Health Visa remains mandatory (go to: https://travel.gov.bs/ to complete). Rapid antigen test with a negative result within 72 hours for return flights remains mandatory. Paradise Island Beach Club offers on-site weekly testing for our guest’s convenience.
Paradise Island Beach Club is open and ready to welcome you! As it has always been, the health and safety of guests, staff and our local community is our top priority. Below is an update on the actions we have taken in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and what you can expect from us the next time you visit.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We are implementing industry-leading health and safety protocols. In addition, we have taken the following additional measures specific to COVID-19:
- Our team has been trained on all new health and safety procedures and enhanced operating protocols.
- Guests & staff will be required to wear masks or other appropriate face coverings in all public areas when unable to social distance.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
- All public areas and guest rooms will receive enhanced cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces using the latest-to-market, certified, nano technology – known for its ability to kill pathogens and viruses on contact for extended periods of time.
- Housekeeping services will be limited to by-request only to minimize potential exposure to guests and staff.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- Contactless service will be offered when possible.
- Signage to remind our quests and staff of policies will be displayed throughout our premises.
EXPANDED PENALTY-FREE CANCELLATION POLICY
We will do our best to work with you regarding cancellations or rebooking’s. If you need to adjust reservations made through the Club’s website and staff, please contact them for assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1-800-310-5148
If you are ready to book your dream vacation in paradise, click here now! https://www.paradiseislandbeachclubbahamas.com/book-now/
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service – a promise that is fundamental during times like this. Thank you for your trust and support.